- How to disable automatic software update checks in Lumira Discovery?
- How to set proxy to none in Lumira Discovery?
- How to maintain default SAP BI Platform information in Lumira Discovery?
- SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 SP02 / SP03
In Lumira Discovery, by default, the software is set to check for updates on weekly basis, and the proxy is set to use system proxy settings.
METHOD 1 - in Lumira Discovery GUI:
- For software updates, navigate to File > Preferences > Software Updates > Check For Updates > set to None
- For proxy settings, navigate to File > Preferences > Network > Proxy > set to No Proxy
- For default BI Platform information, navigate to File > Preferences > Network > Proxy > SAP BI Platform > Enter Server IP or hostname here
METHOD 2 - when rollout to a larger number of users is required:
As of Early Adopter Care release, the silent installer is still being developed and so is missing this functionality.
Instead, after instaling Lumira Discovery, modify the general.persistent file located in the user directory, by default: C:\Users\<user>\.sapvi_2\preferences\general.persistent
NOTE: It is advisable to use METHOD 1 to generate the general.persistent file, and then use that file for all remaining installations to avoid syntax errors.
The parameters that you are interested in are as below:
- For proxy updates, replace:
- For software updates, add the following parameter in the file:
- For default SAP BI Platform information, update below in the file, for example BIP server hostname is "BIPW12R2", then modify as below:
KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem