You are trying to generate a Payment File, however the system shows the error message 'Only manual payment possible for format Manual Payment'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Search for Payment XYZ with status Ready for Transfer (XYZ means the Document ID of the payment).
- Click Actions > Create Payment File/Batch.
- System displays the error: 'Only manual payment possible for format Manual Payment (payment XYZ)'.
System is picking the Payment Medium Format as Manual Payment and for this format it is not possible to create a Payment File.
You can check the same by accessing the following path:
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search and open the activity Outgoing Bank Transfers.
- Click Edit payment medium formats.
- Search for Payment Medium Format 75 - Manual Payment. You will see that this format has the Payment Medium Type as 1 - Paper. Therefore, it is not possible to create a Payment File for it.
To resolve this issue it is necessary to assign another Payment Medium Format for the respective Bank, as per following steps:
- Go to the Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Go to the Master Data > My Banks.
- Search and open the respective My Bank.
- Go to the Payment Formats Tab.
- Add another Payment Medium Format Code in front of the Manual Payment format.
- Click Save button.
After performing these steps, you can create a new payment and with the new Payment Medium Format Code system will allow the creation of Payment File.
manual payment; payment format; payment medium format; , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To