- Universes under Query Browser within Dashboard Design 4.0 SP2 appears blank
- BI 4.0 SP2
- Dashboard Design 4.0 Sp2
Reproducing the Issue
- Convert the universes to a .unx extension.
- Go and add a new query from the query browser within Dashboard Design 4.0 and all that is displayed is a blank screen.
Steps for resolution:
1. Dashboard Designer connects to the universes through web services under the hood.
Check the path registered in the CMS with the following through the query builder: (http://localhost:8080/AdminTools/querybuilder/query.jsp )
2. Select SI_ACCESS_URL from CI_APPOBJECTS
This gave the correct path.
3. Copy and paste this path into Internet Explorer and see if it resolves.
If localhost is resolving but machine name isn't open the apache server.xml file and drop in an alias with your machine name under the hosts section.
The server.xml file is located at [path_to_]\Tomcat\conf\server.xml
<Host name="localhost" appBase="C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" xmlV
4. Restart tomcat and test the SI_ACCESS_URL in IE. Adding the Alias should not make the URL accessible as Tomcat will
respond to machine name as well as localhost. Open Dashboard Designer click on new query and you should now be able to
retrieve a list of universes.
Universe appears blank, query browser, BI 4.0 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem