- When a second instructor is added to the SO segment, he/she does not receive an e-mail invitation (VLE_EVENT_CREATION template or Instructor Assignment Notification e-mail)
- The second instructor has no knowledge of the start/end date of the session that he/she is supposed to be an instructor for.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Class by navigating to Learning Activities > Class > Add New.
2. Specify VLS settings for Scheduled Offering ( VLS server and password) - if a VLS class
3. Add primary Instructor for this Scheduled offering in part 3. Resources by selecting Instructor from drop-down menu for field "Primary Instructor".
4. Once Class has been created, navigate to class agenda tab > double-click > add Second Instructor.
5. Add Second Instructor by clicking on green plus icon as per screenshot below.
6. Second Instructor does not receive an invitation email template
- This is an expected behavior.
- The VLS offering's instructor notification is based on whose account is being used.
- As the first Instructor account is used - only that Instructor gets notified that way. It is Legacy functionality.
- Second Instructor is not notified by VLE_EVENT_CREATION or Instructor Assignment.
To notify the second instructor, go to Class > Actions Menu > Notify Instructors
This is by design, to avoid an email going out for every single change made on the class agenda. For example:
If you add a second instructor to 3 segments, you would get 3 emails - each one with the full list of segment calendar attachments. This is not desirable behavior.
This is valid for both VLS and non-VLS classes.
- Invitation notification is not triggered to Second Instructor of Scheduled Offering, VLE_EVENT_CREATION is not triggered, Instructor Assignment Notification