You receive the error message: "Distribution channel or sales organization missing" while creating a new manual customer invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- In the Common Tasks select New Manual Invoice.
- Enter the Account details.
The system displays the following error message: "Distribution channel or sales organization missing".
The sales unit selected in the manual invoice is XYZ. (XYZ represents the organizational unit). The organizational unit XYZ is only activated as a sales unit (sales) in the Functions tab in the Org Structures. The organizational units in the hierarchy above are also not activated as a sales organization. Hence the system is not able to determine a sales organization for the sales unit.
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Org Structures view.
- Search for organizational unit XYZ.
- Select org unit XYZ or any other org unit above.
- Click the Edit button and navigate to the Functions tab.
- Enable Sales Organization and Save.
- Activate your changes.
The sales organization for the sales unit can now be determined in the new manual invoice.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To