- What troubleshooting steps can I perform to help diagnose errors and issues in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Support?
- How can I create an optimal support incident to avoid delays and expedite / speed up incident/problem resolution with SAP Product Support?
- What type of incidents (only errors, incorrect/missing documentation, operations requests) should I send to SAP Support? See What is Support / What is Consulting!
- For missing features and functionality create an enhancement request!
- For consulting or how-to questions, please ask a question on the SAP Analytics Cloud Community or reply and share your knowledge!
- Discover the New Product Navigation in SAP Analytics Cloud (Watch the webinar or walkthrough).
- What's New in QRC 3 2021 (Blog), What's New QRC Q3 2021 (Video) and Webinar.
- Register for upcoming webinars and watch webinars available on demand!
- Please visit us at the new SAP Analytics Cloud Community!
- SAP Analytics Cloud
We highly recommend using the Support Assistant to solve your issues faster!
See the following video for more information: Product Support -- Introducing the support assistant and support log assistant.
- Only one issue should be logged in each incident.
- Object name: The name or ID of the object like story, model, data action, analytic application, etc. Paste the direct URL if applicable.
- Model Type: Analytic, planning, live, import (acquired / local), underlying data source (cloud or on-premise?), version / service pack of underlying data source.
- Details: Step-by-step description including navigation and expected results, process/workflow and the user (and role) that reproduced the error, problem, issue or behavior.
- Performance Issues? See: Troubleshooting performance issues.
- Connection Issues? See: Troubleshooting Live connection issues or Troubleshooting Acquired connection issues.
- Time: When you experienced the issue, error or problem.
- Errors, correlation ID and warnings:
- Copy all errors or warnings seen in the application and in the browser console (Press F12 or CTRL+Shift+J on your keyboard). See 2280022 for more information.
- Include the correlation ID (if available) to help track down the cause and help us resolve your incident more quickly!
- Note: The correlation ID is saved with all errors, but isn't a code that corresponds to a specific error. Instead, it's a unique identifier generated by the system to help us trace what the system was doing when the error occurred.
- Note: Please add this into the incident text description. This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
- Once a support user is created, assign a role (i.e. Admin) to the newly created support user (SAP_SUPPORT####).
- Add other user credentials for underlying data sources (BW, S4/HANA, BPC, etc.) into the secure area if applicable. See 1773689 for more information.
- Note 1: Share the object such as the story, model, bookmark or connection by using the share icon, if available.
- Note 2: Provide connection information for the data sources (live or import) connected to SAP Analytics Cloud. See Remote Support.
- Product: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD
- Installation: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD
- System/Product: Choose the correct system using the description as your guide.
|LOD-ANA-AQU||Acquiring Data - Import Data Connections (any supported data source type).|
|LOD-ANA-ADM||Administration - Roles, security, monitoring, users/teams, authorizations, permissions.|
|LOD-ANA-AUT||Authentication / Login issues|
|LOD-ANA-DES||Story design & visualizations, charts, etc. using an Analytic model|
|LOD-ANA-MOB||SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app|
|LOD-ANA-MOB-IOS||SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app - IOS specific|
|LOD-ANA-MOB-AND||SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app - Android specific|
|LOD-ANA-LDC||Live Data Connections (generic data source)|
|LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN||Live Data Connections (HANA)|
|LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV||Live Data Connections (Universe)|
|LOD-ANA-LDC-WBI||Live Data Connections (WEBI)|
Planning processes: data actions, value driver trees, allocations, validations
Import - using SAP BPC
Export - using BPCBW/IBP/S/4HANA
Calendar - Tasks | Process
|LOD-ANA-PR||Predictive, Smart Predict, predictive scenarios and Smart Assist (Smart Insights, Smart Discovery)|
|LOD-ANA-BR||Digital Boardroom (DiBo) capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud.|
|LOD-ANA-BW||Live Data Connections to BW and BW/4HANA data sources.|
|LOD-ANA-DAN||Data Analyzer (BW Live connections)|
|LOD-ANA-AD||Analytics Designer / Analytic Applications|
|LOD-ANA-HUB||SAP Analytics Hub (SAH)|
|LOD-ANA-OEM-CP||Embedded Edition Service on SAP Cloud Platform (CP)|
2. Contact details
- Time zone: If you would like to speak to an engineer who works in the same time zone. Make sure your s-user information is up to date.
- Phone: We cannot get in touch with you if your details are outdated. Easy to fix if you review article 1271545.
- Attachments have size and extension limits.
- Verify that the attachment is listed after the wheel has finished spinning.
- Note: It's better to add specific text, keywords and error messages into the incident text as opposed to attaching the information into a file.
This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
4. Technical information
- Confirm: Only product errors / issues are reported to us (See 83020) and the correct incident priority is set (See 67739).
- Note: If you need consulting or have a how-to question, please ask a question on the SAC forum.
- Describe in detail what is the behavior of the System. Describe in few sentences what is happening.
- Example: I log in using user firstname.lastname@example.org, go to menu Browse > Stories > Open Public story "Monthly Summary", open the story and select filter Month: Pick June, there is an error "abc xyz"
- You can give steps to reproduce in a similar way:
- Logon with user email@example.com
- Go to menu Browse > Stories
- Open "Monthly Summary" and go to the second tab
- In the chart "Monthly payments", click the second bar and filter on X.
- For SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA live data connections, see SAP Note 2541557 and run the SAP BW and SAP BW/4HANA Note Analyzer tool.
- See Also: 2959800 - Information needed for BW Live Connectivity issue analysis in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- For story related errors/issues, follow the Common Chart Errors troubleshooting steps.
- Test with a different user.
- Test with a different model.
- Copy the story and/or simplify or remove parts or sections of it. Leave only the table or chart (widget) that is causing an issue or error.
- Note any Knowledge Base Articles (KBA), notes, blogs, questions etc. that you have already used to troubleshoot:
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using your favorite search engine (such as Google or Bing):
- https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fapps.support.sap.com+SAP+Analytics+Cloud (Sample query)
- https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fapps.support.sap.com+SAP+Analytics+Cloud (Sample query)
- Note: Add relevant text or error messages to the search field to narrow down the number of results.
- Open Chrome Developer tools and review any errors or warnings in the Network and Console tabs. Add these errors and warnings to your search engine query (See above) and the SAP support incident. See Open Chrome DevTools.
- See article 2280022 on how to collect an HTTP archive (HAR) file in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- See article 2452568 on how to collect Log and Trace files for the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (for import and acquired data connections).
- See SAP Note 2691501 - SAP HANA MDS: Information needed by Development Support if you are using a HANA Live connection.
- See Troubleshooting Mobile Connection Issues.
6. Key Resources
- SAP Analytics Cloud Community Main page
- SAP for Me portal (What is SAP for Me? / SAP for Me is made for you overview)
- SAP Analytics Cloud WIKI
- Learning on SAP HANA Journey - SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud on the SAP Help portal
- Participate in three FREE SAP Analytics Cloud openSAP courses!
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2728183 - SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) releases and release information
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, troubleshooting, overview, sap sac, sac, sap analytics cloud planning, sap analytics cloud training, sap analytics cloud tutorial, sac, ua, help, analytics help, support, c4a, boc, analyticscloud, incident, troubleshooting, faq, sac faq, sac help, sap analytics cloud documentation, guides, sac support, sap analytics cloud support, ac, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, ヘルプ, Hilfe zu, Ayuda para, Ajuda para, sap sac, sac, sap analytics cloud planning, sap analytics cloud training, sap analytics cloud tutorial, planning, sac, Analytics Cloud Onpremis install, SAP analytics cloud, SAP BW, stories, geo, story, Analytics designer, Conditional formatting , KBA , sac what information do i need to provid , do i need to provide sac kba , "what is sap analytics cloud?" , sap sac , sac getting started kba , sac support help kba , sac bw live connections kba , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , LOD-ANA-HUB , SAP Analytics Hub , How To