- What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)?
- How can I create an optimal support incident to avoid delays and expedite / speed up incident/problem resolution with SAP Product Support?
- What type of incidents (only errors, incorrect/missing documentation, operations requests) should I send to SAP Support? See What is Support / What is Consulting!
- For missing features and functionality create an enhancement request!
- For consulting or how-to questions, please ask a question on the SAP Analytics Cloud Community or reply and share your knowledge!
- Watch the Q3 2020 release video!
- Read what's new in Q3 2020!
- Register for our upcoming webinar on October 1: Performance Best Practices for Leveraging Analytics Designer in SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud
1. Generic information
- Story: Story name (Paste direct URL to story).
- Model Type: Analytic, planning, live, import (acquired / local), underlying data source (cloud or on-premise?), version / service pack of underlying data source.
- Details: Process/workflow and the user (and role) that reproduced the error, problem, issue or behavior.
- Time: When you experienced the issue, error or problem.
- Errors or warnings:
- Note any errors or warnings you see in the application and in the browser console (Press F12 or CTRL+Shift+J on your keyboard). See 2280022 for more information.
- Check the System > Monitor > Trace area for any errors. See the message/stack/detail columns.
- Note: Please add this into the incident text description. This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
- User credentials: Create a support user following the instructions at Get More Help and SAP Support (under the Create a Support User section).
- Once a support user is created, assign a correct role (i.e. Admin) to the newly created support user (SAP_SUPPORT#).
- Or add credentials of existing user and other underlying data sources (BW, S4/HANA, etc.) into the secure area if applicable.
- See 1773689 for more information.
Note: Share the object such as the story, model, bookmark or connection by using the share icon, if available.
- System (URL) used: You may have multiple systems (test, production etc. URLs) but we do not know the exact one you are using.
- Which of your systems or products is affected? Choose the correct system ID to receive the correct service level agreement (SLA):
- Product: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD (new) / CP NEO CLOUD RUNTIME (old)
- Installation: SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD (new) / SAP CLOUD PLATFORM (old)
Note: Customers may have the new or old product installation name depending on the purchase or renewal date.
- System/Product: Choose the correct system using the description as your guide.
- Components: (Important: New components have been introduced and/or changed)
LOD-ANA-AQU Acquiring Data - Import Data Connections (any supported data source type). LOD-ANA-ADM Administration - Roles, security, monitoring, users/teams, authorizations, permissions. LOD-ANA-AUT Authentication / Login issues LOD-ANA-DES Story design & visualizations, charts, etc. using an Analytic model LOD-ANA-MOB SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app LOD-ANA-MOB-IOS SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app - IOS specific LOD-ANA-MOB-AND SAP Analytics Cloud Mobile app - Android specific LOD-ANA-LDC Live Data Connections (generic data source) LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN Live Data Connections (HANA) LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV Live Data Connections (Universe) LOD-ANA-LDC-WBI Live Data Connections (WEBI) LOD-ANA-PL Planning models, versions, data actions, advanced formulas, value driver trees, allocations. LOD-ANA-PR Predictive, Smart Predict, predictive scenarios and Smart Assist (Smart Insights, Smart Discovery) LOD-ANA-BR Digital Boardroom (DiBo) capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud. LOD-ANA-BW Live Data Connections to BW and BW/4HANA data sources. LOD-ANA-DAN Data Analyzer (BW Live connections) LOD-ANA-AD Analytics Designer / Analytic Applications LOD-ANA-HUB SAP Analytics Hub (SAH) LOD-ANA-OEM-CP Embedded Edition Service on SAP Cloud Platform (CP)
2. Contact details
- Time zone: If you would like to speak to an engineer who works in the same time zone. Make sure your s-user information is up to date.
- Phone: We cannot get in touch with you if your details are outdated. Easy to fix if you review article 1271545.
- Attachments have size and extension limits.
- Verify that the attachment is listed after the wheel has finished spinning.
Note: It's better to add specific text, keywords and error messages into the incident text as opposed to attaching the information into a file.
This helps our machine learning algorithms, see AI and Machine Learning Drive Automation in Product Support!
4. Technical information
- Confirm: Only product errors / issues are reported to us (See 83020) and the correct incident priority is set (See 67739).
Note: If you need consulting or have a how-to question, please ask a question on the SAC forum.
- Describe in detail what is the behavior of the System. Describe in few sentences what is happening.
- Example: I log in using user firstname.lastname@example.org, go to menu Browse > Stories > Open Public story "Monthly Summary", open the story and select filter Month: Pick June, there is an error "abc xyz"
- You can give steps to reproduce in a similar way:
- Logon with user email@example.com
- Go to menu Browse > Stories
- Open "Monthly Summary" and go to the second tab
- In the chart "Monthly payments", click the second bar and filter on X.
- For SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA live data connections, see SAP Note 2541557 and run the SAP BW and SAP BW/4HANA Note Analyzer tool.
5. Troubleshooting already performed
- For story related errors/issues, follow the Common Chart Errors troubleshooting steps.
- Test with a different user.
- Test with a different model.
- Copy the story and/or simplify or remove parts or sections of it. Leave only the table or chart (widget) that is causing an issue or error.
- Knowledge Base Articles, blogs, questions etc. that you have already used to troubleshoot:
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or error messages to the search field to narrow down the number of results presented.
- Open Chrome Developer tools and review any errors in the Network and Console tabs. Add these errors messages and texts to the incident. See Open Chrome DevTools.
- See article 2280022 on how to collect an HTTP archive (HAR) file in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- See article 2452568 on how to collect Log and Trace files for the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (for import and acquired data connections).
- See SAP Note 2691501 - SAP HANA MDS: Information needed by Development Support if you are using a HANA Live connection.
6. Key Resources
- SAP Analytics Cloud Community Main page
- Analytics Designer Expert page
- Best practices and troubleshooting Expert page
- Connectivity and Authentication Expert page
- Planning Expert page
- Smart Predict Expert page
- Smart Assist Expert page
- SAP Analytics Cloud WIKI
- Learning on SAPAnalytics.Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud on the SAP Help portal
- Participate in three FREE SAP Analytics Cloud openSAP courses!
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2728183 - SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) releases and release information
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, troubleshooting, overview, sap sac, sac, sap analytics cloud planning, sap analytics cloud training, sap analytics cloud tutorial, sac, ua, help, analytics help, support, c4a, boc, analyticscloud, incident, troubleshooting, faq, sac faq, sac help, sap analytics cloud documentation, guides, sac support, sap analytics cloud support, ac, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, ヘルプ, Hilfe zu, Ayuda para, Ajuda para, sap sac, sac, sap analytics cloud planning, sap analytics cloud training, sap analytics cloud tutorial, planning, sac, Analytics Cloud Onpremis install, SAP analytics cloud, SAP BW, stories, geo, story, Analytics designer, Conditional formatting , KBA , sac what information do i need to provid , do i need to provide sac kba , "what is sap analytics cloud?" , sap sac , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , LOD-ANA-HUB , SAP Analytics Hub , How To