You are migrating General Ledger Account Balances and noticed that the profit center is missing for the offsetting data carryforward account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Click Journal Entries.
- Select the Journal Entry and click edit.
- Notice that the profit center is not updated for the data carryforward account which is an offsetting account.
It is one of the prerequisites before you migrate G/L account balances that the profit center will not be carried or automatically assigned based on some account assignment to the offsetting data carryforward accounts.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select Fine Tuning activity Profit Center Derivation.
- Select Edit Default Profit Center.
For each company, you need to specify which profit center is derived by default for journal entry line items. You specify a default profit center for each sub-ledger. The system applies the particular default profit center whenever it cannot automatically derive a profit center from data stored in the source document.
If we do not have any source then we have to maintain this setting and if the G/L account selected in the Journal Entry Voucher lines which belong to a miscellaneous ledger then select the sub-ledger as Without Sub-ledger or leave it as blank so that it applies to all.
data migration; profit center; profit center derivation; default profit center , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To