• During the system copy - Target System Installation > Distributed System > Based on AS ABAP and AS Java > Database Instance, SWPM fails with the following error message:
• Errors when executing sql command: MDB-05053 Database 'SID' does not exist.
• In sapinst_dev.log file you can find the following entry:
• ERROR MDB-05053 Errors when executing sql command: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database 'SID' does not exist.
• SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and higher
[Microsoft], [ODBC SQL Server Driver], [SQL Server], mssql, install, copying, system copy, does not exist, error during, ESAPinstException, MDB-05053, SAPINST , KBA , BC-DB-MSS , SQL Server in SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-INS-MIG , OS/DB Migrations with SWPM and DB refresh , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.