- The API user used for making user profile updates via API was temporarily de-activated
- It was activated again and was granted all the accesses
- But still the API calls fails with error "insufficient field-level permission"
<d:message>Insufficient field-level permission</d:message>
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- BizX Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- What happens is, when this API user is inactive and then set active again (roles untouched), the API call that uses this user, errors with the following
- <d:message>Insufficient field-level permission</d:message>
- When admin lacks field level permission and employee import permission, the admin will not be able to update user's any field.
- When admin lacks employee import permission but have fields permission, the admin will be able to modify user's related field but not password.
- When admin has employee import permission, the admin will be able to modify user's password no matter the admin have field permission or not.
Grant the employee import to the Dev API user:
- Access the Manage Employee Import
- Grant the permission to import. Tick “ALL” boxes for each option available.
Insufficient field-level permission; Re-activate API User; Manage Employee Import , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem