You are attempting to execute a data extraction run, but the same fails with the error message: “RFC exception SYSTEM_FAILURE raised; No more memory available to extend an internal tab".
- SAP Business ByDesign, all its versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Data Extraction view.
- Click New.
- Fill in the mandatory fields.
- Select the relevant extraction object.
- Click Save, then Activate and Run.
- Once the run is finished, select it under All Data Extractions.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the tab Application Log.
- Open the Application Log and go to the Results tab.
- The mentioned error message is displayed.
The data selection is too large for the system to handle.
When setting up the Data Extraction run, check the Package Active box under Control Parameters and set the Package Size somewhere between 500 to 1,000 records (results may vary depending on the object selected). Furthermore, please schedule the data extractions to be executed in a time of least memory consumption — e.g. outside business hours — and avoid scheduling multiple data extractions simultaneously.
You can also use the Selection Criteria to further delimit the data selection.
Data Extraction, RFC exception SYSTEM_FAILURE raised, No more memory available to extend an internal tab , KBA , data extraction , id-content , rfc exception system_failure raised , no more memory available to extend , rfc exception system_failure raised , data extraction , AP-SRM-FND , AP SRM Foundation , How To