While using the instance sync tool to push data from one instance to another, target user validation failed with an error below:
"A system timeout error has occurred while validating target User ID".
SuccessFactors: BizX Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center
- Navigate to Synchronize Instance Configuration
- Select the instance and the data you want to copy
- Click on Start
- An error is thrown as below:
To fix this issue, login to Target instance and verify the RBP permissions of the Target User ID as below:
1. Grant all the sub-permission under Manage Users.
2. Make sure "User search" permission is granted under General User Permission.
3. The role assigned to Target User should NOT have "Exclude Granted User from having the permission access to him/herself. " enabled.
4. Check the User Data File in Target instance if the Username is same as User ID, if not -make sure you are using the user ID and not the username to sync the data.
5. The Target User ID should have all the permission assigned under Manage Instance Synchronisation in RBP.
Instance Sync Timeout Error, Sync error, Instance synchronization , KBA , LOD-SF-FWK , Platform Framework , Problem