Employee records times on project task and releases them. You find that these times are always sent to the project manager for going for approval, even though the status of Time Recording in project is set as No Approval Required.
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to check status of Time Recording in project.
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Select the Edit button.
- Select the Project Plan tab.
- Select the relavent Project Task.
- Select the Basic Data sub tab.
- Note that the status of Time Recording in project is set as No Approval Required.
Steps to check status of the Time Recording in the employee time sheet.
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Go to the Employees view.
- Select the relevant Employee.
- Navigate to Employee Times.
- You can see that, time entries are still waiting for Approval.
If the project (header) marked as billable and its project tasks are marked as non-billable then the time recording done by the employee against non billable tasks will be sent for approval to project manager.
System works as designed.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To