What is it?
Admin can now configure an additional User identifier to be displayed in braces for the User Type-Ahead search results in case of the Peer Recommendation pop-up launched from Collection, Catalog Browse, and User Search on the Instructor's My Classes page.
Note: Once the User is selected, the ID will not be displayed in the selected list.
Why is it important?
Enables Users to identify and select the intended user when there are multiple with the same name.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Enhancement - LRN-16921 b1705
Organization Description and email address. System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > SEARCH > additionalIdentifierDisplayedInUserSearch
The choice is between – Blank, PersonExternalID, Email Address and Organization
For users to recommend, they should have the below required workflows to Recommend
1. Recommend to Peer
2. Access Recommendations Tile
3. Access Personalized Recommendations
Scenarios where you can see this feature:
1. Recommending Collections
- From the User homepage, navigate to Collections link
- Choose the collection you want to Recommend
- Click on the options icon (3 vertical dots) and select Recommend
- Now when you search for a user, you should be able to see the suggested values and the entity configured in the search configuration. (Below you should see the email address currently configured). You will not be able to search just view.
2. Recommending Items from Library homepage.
- This will be applicable only when you Recommend items from the Library search homepage.
3. Recommending at the Item details screen
4. Searching for users from Instructor home page
- When an Instructor searches for users to add to a Scheduled Offering, they should be able to entity ID displayed.
LMS,LRN-16921, type-ahead, Enhancement, Identifier, Recommendation, additionalIdentifierDisplayedInUserSearch, My Classes, user search,Instructor Landing page, Instructor UI, Recommend to Others, library, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-INS , Instructors and My Classes , Product Enhancement