When trying to open the requisition template via Manage Templates tool, it will throw an application error with one of the following fingerprints and the user is unable to access the template here:
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to Admin center
Click on Recruiting management
Click Job requisition
- Click on a Job Requisition Template
- Error received
When retrieving the logs, if you see there is an exception saying "java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast class java.lang.Double to class java.lang.String"
OR "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to java.lang.String".
It is most likely due to incorrect configuration in the XML template defined.
- The misconfiguration might be the standard field is not following the Data Type it should.
- It is always good practice to verify if all the Standard fields are of the same Data type defined in the Configuration guide.
- There was another scenario that the field "numberOpenings" was a having the <default-value> tag defined which was also causing the issue
- Removing the <default value > tag has solved the issue.
- Another scenario occurred in which the field "erpAmount" had a <default-value> tag defined which was causing this issue. Again, Removing this tag solves the issue.
SF, Success Factors, RCM, Recruiting, d142efa4906d5c49958d11f7b0e3ac5921ecf116, 34b351f5241573986bf48f6a8415612ea11f097f, Manage Templates, Application error, Class cast exception, <default value >, Double cannot be cast , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem