User receives non-updated version of notification template when the changes are made in the Notification editor tool.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to System Admin->Configuration->Notification Templates and search for the Notification Template that you want to update.
- Click on The Messages tab in the Notification template
- Click on "Launch Editor" link.
- Perform updates to text of the template.
- Save the changes made to the template
When the user receives the email that was modifed , it is not in the updated format as per the template.
- Issue is caused by the fact that only one locale for notification template has been updated (e.g. English) in the Launch Editor tool
- User receiving notification has different locale set up in his/her preferences in user' s record > more > preferences (e.g. Spanish Mexican)
- All available locales should be updated with preferred changes.
- Once this is done, the email will be sent to the user as per the updated changes in the respective Locale.
- This can be done by navigating to template > opening editor tool > Select the locale from the drop down and then update the changes.
- Editor tool changes are not reflecting in the email received
- Inconsistency between template and notification received
- Update editor changes in all locale