When trying to insert a Binary Large OBject (BLOB),i.e. a text or image field you receive an error message from the client software (JDBC driver or CT library): "Operations using LOB locator are not supported." and Java clients will also throw an exception.
This only happens when all the following conditions are true
- Inserting text/image fields
- Using PreparedSatements in Java or Dynamic SQL through CT library
- Destination table is a CIS proxy table
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR803500, CR#803500 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.