Convert to Account and Convert to Contact options for Leads are maintained in fine-tuning. You want to know under which conditions these are shown under the Actions button within the Leads TI.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective project.
- Click the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune facet.
- Search and open the Leads activity.
- Click the Maintain Status hyperlink.
- In the new opened window you see that there are the options Convert to Account and Convert to Contact and you would like to know under which conditions these are shown under the Actions button within the Leads UI.
There are dependencies for these options to show in the UI.
Convert to Account will show up if you have a lead with inactive account but no contact.
This can occur in case that contact is not mandatory. User enters company name and address without any contact details. So during conversion only convert account is relevant . This action will show up instead of regular Convert to account & contact action.
Convert to Contact will show up if you have a lead with an active account but inactive contact.
This can occur only in cases of Hybris marketing integration scenario. With that scenario active, users can pass two leads with the same inactive account but different inactive contacts. During conversion of the first lead in C4C, the account is replaced for both leads. So the second lead will end up with an active account but inactive contact. Only at this point, you can see the Convert to Contact action.
KBA 2675862 - The Actions Convert to Contact and Associate Contact are disabled in the Lead TI
Account, Lead, Contact, , KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , How To