Candidate power search by country results in the error message:
"error: Search Failed. Either the searchers country is not configured or it is not using country picklist"
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting > Candidates
- Use search criteria "Basic Info" > "Country"
- Select any country from the dropdown menu
- Click "Search"
- You will see the error.
- Edit Candidate Privacy Options is enabled in provisioning
- The Country field is not configured as a picklist on either the Succession Data Model or on the Candidate Profile Template
- When using Privacy Options, the country of the User performing Candidate Search has to respect the ISO Country names standards.
If client does not need to use Candidate Privacy, disable the feature on Provisioning
If client needs the above mentioned feature, you need to do following:
- On the Succession Data Model configure the user country field as country picklist
- On the Candidate Profile Template, configure the country field as country picklist
- The searcher should have a country value set in their employee profile
NOTE: It is recommended that country names which don't respect ISO standards are not used in the picklist.
E.g. the official country name according to ISO standards is "Korea, Republic Of" (and not "South Korea").
search, error, failed, picklist, country, privacy , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To