You want automatic assignment of Material IDs using only a numeric interval, during Migration.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Search for the 'Migration of Materials' activity and open it.
- Click on 'migrate materials using migration tool'.
- Upload the template.
- Click on Execute migration, then Step by Step.
- Go to the Step 2 - Convert Values.
- See there is no option to review Material ID assignment (such as in the Customer migration).
For migration of materials you can only use the external number range interval, as the materials migration tool does not offer automatic assignment of new IDs.
If your requirement is to use automatic ID assignment to mass import Products to the system, you can use the Data Workbench work center.
Data Workbench can be used with or without a ProductID definition, as long as an ExternalKey is provided (ExternalKey will be used only for Data Workbench backend mappings) and as long as the Internal numeric interval is being used in the fine tuning activity Number Ranges for Materials.
If you don't require automatic ID assignment, but you still need to manually assign numeric IDs to your Products during Migration, please refer to the following Case Document:
automatic ID assignment, migration of materials, import materials, numeric interval, internal number range, number range for materials , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To