Selected runtime filter apply only to the first component in a report page with multiple REALMS / Advanced Reporting components.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance and navigate to Analytics > Report Designer.
- Create a new report and add a list report component.
- Edit the component and create a new Advanced Reporting Query or use an existing one.
- Edit the query and add a runtime filter for one of the fields (example: UserID).
- Save changed and exit the editor screen.
- Navigate back to the report designer screen.
- Copy the component a couple of more times.
Create a couple of other list report components, add advanced reporting queries and add runtime filters for the same field (UserID) in all the components.
- Exit the Report designer and run (preview) the report.
- At the run time filter screen, apply a filter for the column we had added in step 4 .
- Only the first component respects the applied runtime filter and the components don’t.
This is expected behaviour of the system. For REALMS , runtime filter will only consider (arbitrary) first component found in the page.
The reason why it can only work with one query is, in Report Values tab (of filter designer), realms filter will show all possible values in the query.
A possible solution for this is to break the page down, creating one report page per component. Otherwise, in case you judge this is important for your business process, please raise an enhancement request as per KBA 2090228.
REALMS / Advanced Reporting - Runtime filter - Two components , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem