When adding additional filters on the dimension/measure selection screen in the SAP BW Data Acquisition Connector in SAP Lumira Desktop, the error "Result set too large (16116100 Cells). Data retrieval restricted by configuration (Maximum=500000 Cells)." is shown, regardless of how many filters are applied which should reduce the amount of data acquired.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.31.4
Reproducing the Issue
- Start SAP Lumira Desktop and create a document from BW.
- Enter your BW credentials and select the BEx Query.
- Add multiple measures in the Measures Tab
- Add a dimension in the Dimension tab
- Click Create
"Result set too large (XX Cells). Data retrieval restricted by configuration (Maximum=XX Cells)" error is shown which means that the BW Safety belt limit has been reached which can be increased by following the below KBA;
KBA 2334805 - How to override the BW Safety Belt using Lumira
- Click OK
- Apply a filter on the Dimension
- The same error will appear despite filtering the data which should reduce the amount of data retrieved.
This behaviour is by design and has been forwarded to Development as an enhancement request for Lumira 2.0
KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem