You try to migrate e.g. Fixed Assets using data migration template, you get the error message: 'Number of decimal places is not valid for currency XXX, amount YYY,YYY'
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Search and open the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool
- Select the respective migration unit and click Execute Migration
- Select the Fixed Assets migration object and click Process File
You'll see the error message(s) at simulation step: 'Number of decimal places is not valid for currency XXX, amount YYY,YYY'
All currencies are predefined with the allowed number of decimal places according to ISO code list 4217 in your system. In the fixed asset migration template, you have entered decimals places more than the allowed number of decimal places.
You can use fine-tuning activity Currencies to view all currencies available in your system.
To view this activity, Follow the below steps.
- Go to Business configuration work center.
- Select Implementation project view.
- Select the implementation project and click on Open activity list.
- Go to Fine tune tab and search for the activity Currencies and open it.
Here you can review the predefined settings. According to this settings you will be allowed to enter the number of decimals in migration template although, the template column of the migration object allows 5 digits after decimals for cumulative historic depreciation.
Example : For the currency XXX display decimal field has value 02. Hence system will allow you to enter values only with 2 decimal places i.e. YYY,YY. If you enter 3 decimal i.e. YYY,YYY system will give you the error message.
[Enter your See Also here...]
decimal places, currencies, migration. , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To