While creating any business instance that requires Postal Code information for Greece, error Postal code must have length occurs, even though no changes were made to the postal code format and the system would accept it previously.
Reproducing the Issue
- In any screen where Address information needs to be maintained, add the address with the postal code
- Press Save or Save and Close
- Error will occur
There has been a change to the Postal Code Check Rules for Greece's postal code in system version 1702. The check was made more strict in order to comply with the standards of Greece's postal code (five digits to the left of the locality name, with a space between the third and the fourth digits).
There are two alternatives to solve this issue: the first would be to format the postal code in accordance to the new rule (which would look like 999 99) and the second would be to revert the setting under Postal Code Check Rules. To do that, follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center
- On the search bar, type countries, then hit Enter or click Go
- Click the link for the Countries activity, and then the one for Edit countries
- In the next screen, find and select Greece in the country list
- Below, navigate to the Postal Attributes tab
- In the field Postal Code Check Rules, you'll see the current option is 9, Check against country-specific edit format
- Change it to option 5, Maximum value length, then click Save and Close
KBA , SRD-CC-CC , Control Centre , How To