- What is the new 1705 feature: Enforce Approval when Supervisor or HRBP Registers / Withdraws Employee?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Prior to 1705, when a Supervisor or HRBP registers / withdraws employees via the supervisor tool, the approval process was not honoured.
- After, and with the required configuration, the approval process associated with a scheduled offering is now triggered when the Supervisor registered/withdrew a subordinate.
The supervisor tool for register/withdraw feature can now use this new configuration to limit the user selection from the wizard.
- System Admin > Configuration > Registration Settings > Enforce Approval when Supervisor or HRBP Registers / Withdraws Employee (disabled by default).
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS Admin > supervisorMaxUserRegisterWithdrawLimit (is set to 50 by default).
- Scheduled Offering requires approval (this is applicable only when the updated Supervisor tool UI is used. i.e. System Configuration > LMS Admin > updatedSupervisorFlow=true).
When turned on, the system consistently requires approval (for Scheduled Offerings requiring approval) when Supervisors or HRBPs register or withdraw employees from any of the below entry points:
- My Learning > Catalog Search > Register Others (1)
- My Employees > Supervisor Links > Register/Withdraw Employees (2)
- My Employees > Employee's Learning Plan > Register Now (3)
- Ensure that customer reviews whether they need approvals to be enforced as there would be a change in behavior in case of the Inline registrations from the employee learning plan (Option 3).
- Currently when the Supervisor enrols the user in an Offering, if the Offering requires approval then the approval is skipped in #1 and #2. However, it is applied in #3.
- With this enhancement, the new configuration when turned on consistently requires the approval for all scenarios.
- The default is turned off and has to be enabled to enforce approvals for all scenarios.
This will bring consistency in the application on the enforcement of Approval process when Supervisors or HRBPs register or withdraw employees regardless of the entry points.
SuccessFactors, learning, LMS, item, SO, scheduled offering, 1705 Release Supervisor HRBP scheduled offering System Admin Configuration Registration Settings supervisorMaxUserRegisterWithdrawLimit updatedSupervisorFlow , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To