How do you control the date format in LMS Reports?
Note: Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
Reproducing the Issue
- Run a System or Custom Learning Report that returns results in a CSV
- Note the formatting of the date
- How is that format determined?
Date formatting is determined in one of 3 ways:
- The locale Date & Time Pattern settings of the user who ran the report
- The Date/Time Format set in the Plateau Report Designer
- Date/Time Format set in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file
User's Date & Time Pattern:
System (out of the box) Reports use the User's locale for the date formatting. This is set in the User's preferences:
- Click the cogwheel for preferences
- Under Settings > Update the Locale Format Options, set Date Pattern ID and Time Pattern ID
- See KBA 2175518 for more information on setting Date & Time format for Users & Admins
Date/Time Format in the Plateau Report Designer
- Please see KBA 2283916 for details on formatting the date/time in the PRD
- Note that customizing reports is handled by Professional Services. Customer Support is unable to assist with customization issues.
Date/Time Format in REPORT_SYSTEM Configuration
If a custom report does not have date formatting specified at the PRD level, the User's locale may not be picked up and an extra comma is displayed or some other expected formatting. The REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file should be updated as follows:
- Logon to LMS Admin
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration
- Open REPORT_SYSTEM in edit mode
- Find the entry for defaultDateTimeFormats
- There will be a default entry:
- With (example USA format):
- defaultDateTimeFormats.en=MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm a
- Apply Changes
- Note: A second entry may be created when you apply changes, this is OK and can be ignored
Important Note: This setting follows the rules described here:
SF SuccessFactors Learning Management System LMS Report date time datetime format pattern extra comma output csv results last update tstmp timestamp stamp LRN-10546, LRN-10637 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , How To