You are unable to invoice even after removing the inconsistencies in the invoice request document.
The following error message still appears:
"Invoice Request XYZ Item XX not possible; reference document inconsistent." (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice request and XX the line item number).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the invoice request XYZ and click the Invoice button.
A new screen appears with all fields grayed out and the following warning message is displayed:
"Invoice Request XYZ Item XX not possible; reference document inconsistent."
The redetermination of the invoice request was not successful.
To resolve this issue please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work centre.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Edit the invoice request XYZ.
- Navigate to the Document Flow tab.
- Open the sales order ABC and select View All (ABC represents the sales order ID).
- Navigate to the Involved Parties tab.
- Select either Sales Unit or Invoicing Unit.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click the Add button and select the Sales Unit or Invoicing Unit and enter the same value maintained before.
- Click Save.
You can now invoice the document.
KBA: 2814513 - Your Invoice Request Is Inconsistent
customer, invoicing, unable, invoice, inconsistencies, removing, request , KBA , customer , invoicing , invoice , unable , request , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To