- When running very high-performance environment, it uses a high number of Data Assurance (DA) partitions (256).
- The data is unevenly distributed.
- While most partitions run quickly, there are the odd couple that are very slow since the DA partitions SQL picks up a larger proportion of the table's rows.
- There needs to be a way to see what SQL / boundary DA used for those "large" partitions, so compareset can be adjusted to avoid that data via the custom where clause.
- Then create a separate job to cover that data range.
- Since DA boundary data is always updated after each comparison run, it's not enough to simply run "show boundary".
- The new optimised partition generation for DA 16.0 also makes it harder to see which boundaries are being used when the comparison runs, since it's choosing a subset of boundary data based on how that data varies across all samples.
Could a new command be implemented to show the SQL being run by a particular partition? Or extend one of the existing commands (e.g. monitor <job> <cmp>) to show the 1 or 2 boundaries being used for a given partition?
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 15.7.1
- Data Assurance
KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.