MDF Objects are not available in "Configure Object Definitions".
Examples: Global Assignment option is enabled in provisioning, but the object definition GlobalAssignmentConfiguration is not available under "Admin Center" > "Configure Object Definitions".
JPB Objects such as Families, Roles, Competencies, Job Profiles, etc. are available in "Manage Job Profile Content" and "Manage Job Profiles", but do not appear in "Configure Object Definitions".
SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
Enable any feature which requires feature specific object definitions to be created.
After activating, leave some 10-15 minutes > login to system and goto admin centre> configure object definitions > search for the object definition associated with the enabled feature > the object is not available.
- The object definition is created but is inactive.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition.
- The object definition is created but is inactive:
Search for inactive and then enable it or make it visible.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition:
Go to Provisioning > run the job MDF Object Definition to DB sync > login after 10-15 minutes and you should be able to see the object(s).
- Initialize the object:
1. Navigate to Configure Object Definition and select an Object
2. In the URL add the Object ID to the end of the URL for example:
You can add the id of any missing MDF Object for example; TimeType, PaymentInformationV3, BusinessUnit
3. Once the Object loads and you can see it, make sure the object is active and using "Take Action: Make Correction" make a small change, such as adding a description or changing the label and save the object.
4. Run the MDF Object Definition to DB sync job from Provisioning as described above.
Run the MDF Object Definition to DB sync via UI:
- Admin tool;
- OData API Metadata Refresh and Export;
If you still do not see the object kindly raise an incident with SAP Support.
- Login into provisioning;
- Go to Manage Scheduled Jobs page;
- Click create new job button;
- Select MDF Object Definition To DB SYNC from dropdown. Select valid user name and provide some job name.;
- Click create job button;
- Click run it now button on action tab;
- Once the job is completed, go to Provisioning;
- Under MDF Cache Tool, click Clear cache;
- Clear MDF cache.
2511328 - Application Error Editing Biographical Info and/or Adding Concurrent Employment
Object definition missing, Global assignment object missing, MDF sync, MDF Object Definition to DB sync, object definition, missing, object type id is missing, manage data, legal entity, cost center, business unit, JPB, JPB Object, Configure Object Definitions, Family, Role, Competency, Job Profile, MDF Object, MDF, disappear, not displaying. , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem