- An output request fails to print. In SP01 the spool is in error status with an OS level message returned from the host spooler or print server.
- On Windows the error may be "Warning: Device unknown":
- Status: Problem (Error in host spool system)
- Job status: Waiting in host spooler
- Error: Error in host spool sys.
- Info: / Message: Warning: Device unknown
- Windows may also return a similar error "The printer name is invalid."
- Windows/NT error 1801 [\\ServerName\PrinterName]: "The printer name is invalid."
- On Linux the error may be:
- Message from host spool: /usr/bin/lpr: The printer or class was not found.
- On AIX the error may be:
- enq: (FATAL ERROR) : 0781-048 Bad Queue or device name
SAP NetWeaver all releases
SAP NetWeaver all versions
KBA , BC-CCM-PRN , Print and Output Management , BC-CCM-PRN-DVM , Printer Administration , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.