Your requirement is to migrate the Discount Lists using the Discount List Type 7PL2, but you receive the below error during Simulation:
The sales price list could not be released.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Discount Lists.
- Choose Migrate discount lists using the migration tool.
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File.
- You receive the error message mentioned during the Simulation step.
Since there is no modification triggered for example: no change of Discount for all the existing Products or no new Product Discount added, no changes were triggered. This means the Discount List is in status Released and not in Partially Released as there was no change triggered in migration payload and action of Release fails since the status of Discount List is already in Released status.
Perform at least one change in Discount List, for example, change Discount of one Product or add new Product. The changes will go through and Release will happen without error in migration workbench.
Another alternative solution is to use the Excel approach to upload the Discount List using the steps below:
- Go to Product and Service Portfolio work center
- Go to Pricing view
- Go to Discount Lists subview
- Select Download button and download the List Template
- Logon to SAP Business ByDesign in the MS Excel using your user credentials
- Fill the data in the respective fields
- Select Save Data To option
- Upload the file using Excel Add-in
For discount list in Account specific, there is no need to add Account ID at the Item level again. Kindly remove the entries maintained under Items->Account ID.