What is the SuccessFactors Check Tool?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
What is the Check Tool?
Sometimes, you might find the system doesn’t work as expected. There can be different reasons for this, such as:
- Some data is inconsistent.
- The system is not configured correctly.
With the check tool, you can identify what's wrong, rather than simply creating a support case. The check tool:
- Finds out what is wrong and how bad the problem is.
- Suggests a solution.
- The Check Tool is now a suite tool.
- Refer to the Using the Check Tool Handbook for more information on the tool and the applications it currently provides checks for.
Metadata Framework (MDF) must be enabled to use the Check Tool. If it is not enabled yet, contact your Implementation Partner for assistance.
The required features are:
- Enable Generic Objects
- Enable the Attachment Manager
Enabling the Check Tool
Once the prerequisites are met, grant permission to the tool by following these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the role you wish to grant this permission (note - this is a tool for Super Admins only)
- Click the "Permissions..." button and then navigate to the very bottom of the left panel and select Check Tool
- Tick the "Access Check Tool" option in the right panel (you should ideally grant the "Allow Configuration Export" option too as it will help export the configuration should you need to open a Support Incident).
- Click Done
- Click Save Changes
SF, SuccessFactors, Checktool, Check Tool, Configuration, Check, Status, Verify, Verification, Consult, Run Check, Result. , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , LOD-SF-CDP , Career Development Planning , LOD-SF-CPM , Continuous Performance Management , LOD-SF-VRP , Variable Pay Programs , How To