You are using a placeholder for Created On in an e-mail sent by an Workflow Rule, and the UTC time zone is being displayed instead of your current system time zone.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administration work center;
- Workflow Rules view;
- Open a Workflow Rule XYZ (XYZ represents the Description of the Worfkflow Rule) with e-mail sending as action;
- Edit the E-mail template of this record;
- Add Created On placeholder;
- Tirgger the workflow rule and notice the e-mail showing the placeholder information in UTC time instead of your current selected time zone.
Workflow rules work by triggering backend jobs, in this situation (e-mail sending), and the system backend has e-mail time stamps in UTC. This is the system standard behavior.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To