While editing “Certificate Template Editor” if we try to Preview the template system would preview the certificate with the exact font utilized in the html editor, however if we try to “Preview PDF” the system will not display with default font style.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- In Learning Administration > Navigate to System Administration > Configuration > Certificate of Completion Templates
- Try editing any existing Certificate O Completion template by deploying any special fonts
- Once the template is complete click on “Preview”
- Click on "Preview PDF" and the view changes as below
The font library used in Launch editor are different from the fonts used in "Preview PDF". "Preview PDF" functionality uses the PD4ML library to render the PDF.
The PD4ML library that is used to render the .pdf file would not support all the font family. While the "Preview" functionality uses the browser to support the font family and "Preview PDF" uses the PD4ML library to render the PDF. Hence we have given 2 ways to compare the output.
This is an expected behavior with the current system design, as we use PD4ML library to generate pdf file format.
As documented in our SAP Help Portal (PDF Certificate of Completion Notes):
- We recommend that you tune and refine the HTML content at the same time as the PDF content because the scaling factor of the PDF generator is different from Web browsers.
- We generate the PDF with PD4ML:
- Refer to http://pd4ml.com/html.htm for the list of HTML tags supported by PD4ML
- Refer to http://pd4ml.com/css.htm for the list of CSS attributes supported by PD4ML
*"MS Mincho", "MS Gothic", "Lucida Sans Regular" those three fonts do not support Chinese/Japanese Characters
Please feel free to check the following enhancement request submited and vote in case you agree: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/254808
Links may require login to proceed:
SAP Help Portal- PDF Certificate of Completion Notes
SAP Community: Custom Certificate
sap, sf, LMS, template editor, font, certificate template, editor, pdf, html, fonts, font-family type, wrong font , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem