- Employee Profile domain's Ad Hoc Report is fetching multiple records for few employees for Internal Job History background element.
- Employee Profile Ad Hoc Report is fetching multiple records for Internal Job History Background Element.
- Employee Profile Ad Hoc Report is fetching multiple records for one employee for a Background Element.
- Ad Hoc Report Builder (Employee Profile)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Ad Hoc Report of Employee Profile Domain
- Select User Sys ID column
- Select all columns from any background element table. Here, background element table is - "Internal Job History B"
- In the instance, navigate to Employee Profile for a specific user (Example User Sys ID - 1000101)
- This user has one record in "Internal Job Histopry" portlet.
- In Ad Hoc Report, there are 3 records appearing for this user.
How to identify if the "Internal Job History B" is a background element:
- Go to Admin Center > Employee Files > Configure Employee Files > Navigate to the specific view where this "Internal Job History" portlet is visible in the instance > In this scenario, Internal Job History is visible under "Employee Profile" view >
- Scroll Down and find the background elements."Internal Job History B" portlet is a background element.
How to find Background Element ID:
- Login into Provisioning and download the Succession Data Model and find the background element id:
- In Succession Data Model, Background Element ID of "Internal Job History B" is - "historicalWorkExperience2". Here is the part of configuration from data model:
- <background-element id="historicalWorkExperience2" type-id="99">
- <label>Internal Job History B</label>
- <label xml:lang="en-GB">Internal Job History B</label>
How to download Background Information data:
- Login into the instance > Go to Admin Center > Update User Information > Export Extended User Information > Select "Background Information" radio button under "Specify the type of Information You want to Export" > Export Extended data Only
- Go Back to Admin Center > After 10 mins check if the file is available for Download > Once the file is available for download > Click on Download file button
- Once the file is downloaded, open the file and check data for user ID - 1000101 in "historicalWorkExperience2" background element:
- In this file there are 3 records present for the user id - 1000101 that is why 3 records are appearing in Ad Hoc Report.
- Please have one record in Background Information file in case if you would like to fetch one record for each employee in ad hoc report for background element.
- Assistance regarding how to correct / modify/ import data in Background Information file falls outside of analytics support scope.
- If you need information on how to rectify the data issue in this file then please create new ticket with Employee Profile Team (Component: LOD-SF-EP)
- Ad Hoc Report
- Employee Profile
- Background Element
- Background Information
- Export Extended User Information
- Internal Job History
- Multiple Records in Ad Hoc Report
- Incorrect Background Data appearing in Ad Hoc Report
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions