It is not possible to manually create or migrate Product Category with a leading zero in the ID (e.g. 01 or 02).
- SAP Business ByDesign 1802 and higher.
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer 1802 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product workcenter.
- Select Product Administration tab.
- Select the New button.
- Enter the required details and the ID with leading zero (e.g. 02), then save.
The Product ID is created without the leading null.
The Category ID does not support leading zeros, if the ID is purely numeric. Therefore, Category IDs 01 or 02 and 1 or 2 are considered to be the same.
In case a letter or other character is introduced in the ID, the zeros won't be truncated.
The same behavior applies to other IDs such as Material and Service Product, for example.
Leading Zero; product category ID, material ID, External document ID, number range , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , Product Enhancement