You get the Error ‘FM call to post Campaign data failed’ while adding a trigger to campaign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have created an (E-Mail) template ABC% in the Content view of Sales Campaigns which includes a % character in its title (name) and activated it.Go to the Sales Campaigns work centre.
- Go to the Campaigns view.
- Open any Campaign with the status Planned.
- Go to the Build facet.
- Select any Target Group.
- Choose the action Send Email and select the email template ABC%.
- Click Apply.
- The error ‘FM call to post Campaign data failed’ is raised.
Handling of the special characters like % ,=, ", ', etc. in the links of the email template is currenlty not supported and hence this error.
Certain characters such as % (percent) are not supported within the title. The % (percent) character for example is supported within the template itself.
You have to rename your title to not include the special characters.
- Open the HTML file of the E-Mail Template in edit mode.
- Search for the title.
- In this section, remove all special characters ',','%' etc.
- Sales & Services can be replaced by Sales and Services.
- Sales by 100% can replaced by Sales by 100percent.
Once the special characters are removed and the template is saved, this error can be avoided.
% percent, Content, template, Campaign, email template, Target Group, activate Campaign , KBA , LOD-LE-MKT , Marketing , LOD-CRM-MKT-TG , Target Groups , Problem