- The Total Time record for a content item is not updated in the system.
- This can be seen in reports such as "Online Item Status" report where the 'Total Times' column will appear blank.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- This can happen if the user navigates away from the content structure window (below), closes or logs out of LMS or if there is any other connection before closing the content window.
- This issue can be caused due to the way that the content is designed and the way the user interacts with the content.
- In this instance when the content is finished playing it sends a Lesson Status of ‘Completed’ to the LMS and the LMS marks the object as complete.
- Seen in the network traces when completing the content.
- At this point the content has not sent the session time to the LMS.
- The content does not send the session time to the LMS until the user closes the content window.
- The content sends a new Lesson Status of ‘completed,logout’ and a value for the session ‘Time’ via cmi.core_session_time.
- The new Lesson Status and 'Time' record can bee seen in the traces:
This lesson Status, as well as the Time is then updated in the LMS Database and the Total_Time is recorded as below:
When viewing the record for an affected user in the Database, notice the user has a Lesson Status of ‘completed’ and not the final lesson status of ‘completed,logout’.
Meaning the connection has broken between the content and the LMS before the user has closed the content window to trigger the lesson status of ‘completed,logout’ and update the time.
- To ensure this issue does not continue to occur, users need to ensure they close the content window as soon as the content is completed.
- Alternatively, the content vendor needs to modify the content so the user only receives a ‘completed’ status once at the end at the same time the content is completed and the Session time information is sent to the LMS.
sf, success factors, online item status report, Total Time Content, completed content, session information, PA_CBT_STUD_CPNT cmi.core_session_time , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem