User has multiple connections and would like to switch the data source of one of their models to another connection, while retaining the existing model.
Example: You have multiple HANA systems: Production, Quality, etc. You created your model using a calculation view in DEV and you want to move it now to use the data in Production.
SAP Analytics Cloud
You can change the Data Source of the model following these steps:
- In modeler, select the model you want to change
- Open the model
- Using the wrench tool on the top left of the modeler, select Change Data Source.
- Select the new connection and view you want to use
- You will be prompted to accept the stories currently using this model that can be affected: Your model has dependencies, and changing the datasource can affect all of them. Do you want to change the data source anyway?
- If some measures or dimensions changed in the Calculation View, you will see the following message: The highlighted rows contain entries that have been changed or added in SAP Analytics Cloud
|Changing the Data Source|
- Change the source of a live connection
- Changing a model's data source
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To