- When you run Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM) to perform installation for a new primary application server (PAS) or additional application server (AAS) in a distributed system environment, you may run into this error:
WARNING <timestamp> (<user>) (startInstallation) [iaxmbcom.cpp:114] id=dbmodmssql.odbcdll.connection CMssLogger::logMessage
Cannot connect to the database server. Errors returned: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
Call your SAP Support.
TRACE <timestamp> (<user>) (startInstallation)
Cannot connect to <DB host server>
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
TRACE <timestamp> (<user>) (startInstallation) [SLPGuiEngine.cpp:214] SLPGuiEngine::showMessageBoxHandleButtonImpl()
<html> <head> </head> <body> Cannot connect to <DB host server><br>Error(s) returned:<br>SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
- You have already given the correct database (DB) host when SWPM prompted for it
- SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver;
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher;
- Windows Server operating system;
sqlserver, named instance, blocked, MSSQL, MS SQL , KBA , BC-DB-MSS-INS , SQL Server Installation for SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-DB-MSS , SQL Server in SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-INS-NT , SAP Netweaver based Solutions on Windows , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.