After uploading target groups the following error message is displayed: "You can't add 2 members due to invalid ID formats. Only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores are allowed."
SAP Sales Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Campaign work centre.
- Select the Target Groups view.
- Open a random target group.
- Select the Actions button and choose the Upload from File option.
- Click on the Select file button.
- Choose the relevant file.
- Select the Upload button.
- The following error message id displayed: ‘You can't add 2 members due to invalid ID formats. Only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores are allowed.’
There are two possible causes here.
The uploaded file has the wrong format.
You have maintained member ID's as well as member names.
In order to resolve the issue you have to ensure that the used file format is CSV (Comma delimited)(*.CSV). This format supports only member ID.
upload, target groups, excel, csv, fail , KBA , LOD-LE-MKT , Marketing , How To