- Failed to export a report to PDF
- When exporting a large report to PDF format, it fails.
- When exporting to PDF fromat a report that contains images, or large number of records, Crystal Reports fails with the error:
"Failed to export the report. Memory Full"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert multiple pictures on the report.
- Refresh the report.
- When export the report to PDF format, it fails with the error: "Failed to export the report. Memory Full"
The memory limit for 32bit MS Windows application is 2GB
Crystal Reports is a 32bit application, and when exporting the report to PDF format, it reaches the memory limit for 32bit application.
This occur when there are too many pictures with high resolution on the report, which consumes more memory. Part of the memory is already taken by the refreshed of the report and saved data, and when exporting the report to PDF format it needs more memory than the limit 32bit application can use.
Note: Images in Crystal Reports are converted to BMP format and the conversion process consumes memory as well.
- To successfully export the report to PDF format, perform one of the following:
- Reduce the picture resolution to reduce the picture size; or
- Convert the picture to BMP format to avoid conversion.
- Note: Crystal Reports 2020 is a 64bit application, and is not bound to this limit. It can consume much larger amount of memory.
CR, .jpg, .bmp, .png, .ttf, out of memory , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem