SAP BusinessObjects Cloud gives different total than SAP HANA Studio "Raw Data" View
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP HANA Studio
- SAP HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a complex Calculation View in SAP HANA
- Preview the "Raw Data" from the SAP HANA Calculation View in SAP HANA Studio
- Notice that Measure1 gives value 10000
- Create a Story in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud against the same SAP HANA Calculation View
- Notice that Measure1 gives value 5000
"Raw Data" preview in SAP HANA Studio selects all columns from the SAP HANA Calculation View while SAP BusinessObjects Cloud selects only the columns used in the Story
Additional columns in the "Raw Data" preview can bring in additional linked tables and change the results
In order for results in SAP HANA Studio to match the results in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud you must select the same columns in both.
To do this you can retrieve the query from the "Raw Data" view and edit it down to match only the columns used in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud.
- Preview the SAP HANA Calculation View in SAP HANA Studio
- Click the "Raw Data" tab
- Filter down to the row(s) in question and notice the Measure1 = 10000 case
- Click "Show Log"
- Double-click the last entry which shows your query execution
- Click "Copy" to copy the SQL
- Click "Close"
- Click "Close"
- Right-click your server and choose "Open SQL Console"
- Paste in the SQL and click execute to see the same data as the "Raw Data" view
- Now edit down the SQL to include only the columns used in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Notice that Measure1 = 5000 now in both SAP HANA Studio SQL Console and SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, data, totals, sum, amount, aggregation, match, mismatch , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem