How to configure workflows for Foundation Objects?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Foundation Object
See below for an example to configure a workflow for Location Foundation Object. The workflow will get triggered when a new Location is created or an existing Location is edited.
- Create a Workflow that should get triggered.
- Create a Business Rule for triggering the workflow. Please notice the following:
- Base object is the Foundation Object for which a workflow should be triggered
- Parameter Name "FOWorkflow" Code "FOWorkflowVO" and Object "FO Workflow" should be added
- If you do not have access to Provisioning -> Corporate Data Model, please contact your implementation partner or create a ticket with Support with details such as Instance ID, Datacenter details, flex/secondary login ID, Workflow ID, Business Rule ID, Foundation object for which the workflow should be configured and CCOR form.
Limitations that apply for Workflows for Foundation Objects:
- Workflows are only trigerred for a change or deletion of an foundation object. It will not trigger the workflow for foundation object creation.
- You can only create workflows for effective-dated foundation objects.
- The workflow used for the foundation object supports only the following approver types:
- For step approvers: Dynamic Group, Position
- For contributors: Dynamic Group, Position
- For CC users: Person, External Email, Dynamic Group, Position.
- Currently, you cannot edit or update workflows for foundation objects on the workflow approval page.
- If you have multiple workflows for a foundation object that are triggered for the same effective date, the second workflow cannot be approved when the first workflow is still in Pending Status.
- You have to Reject the second workflow
- Address the first workflow, either Confirm or Reject
- Then recreate the second workflow.
CDM, Corporate_Data_Model, FOO, foundation object, workflow, corporate data model, location, range, geozone, component, pay grade, frequency, event reason, ECT-123662 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , How To