In order to process and analyze issues efficiently, we need the following information:
- Is the internet connection used by you is only dedicated to ByD or non ByD users are also using same internet connection?
- How many online users generally present during office hours for the connection used for ByD? It may be possible if users are using services like youtube, downloading etc. which some time slows down the internet connection.
- Access the tool https://cct.sde.cloud.sap/ for network bandwidth and latency tests. You can perform the following activities through the tool :
- Easy Check: An automated test which checks your bandwidth and latency for a while and collects the results/statistics in an e-mail. You need to wait for < 2 minutes. You can update the incident with this information.
- Start Test: This check is to monitor the latency and download speed to and from SAP data centers.
- Continuous Latency Test: This test is to continuously measure latency to SAP data centers. We recommend to do continuous latency tests for minimum 90 seconds to maximum 15 minutes
- Send Results: You can send the results of the check through Send Results. The results and tests comparison open in an e-mail. You can update the incident with this information.
- If performance is slow in a particular application area (for e.g. CRM, SRM, HCM etc.) or in a particular If the system is slow during a specific time frame in a day or week?
- Did you encounter a dump when performing any of the steps above?
- Does the issue occurs with one user, or some users or all the users?
- Open the ByDesign system in the Internet Explorer without Add-on's and check if the system performance is better in Internet Explorer without Add-on's.
- Does the issue occur in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browser?
- Provide HTTP trace of the actions you have performed on the user interface. Case document 1431064 explains how to take the HTTP trace.
1) We request you to avoid generic statements that the entire system performance is affected , since the analysis on the issue reported is completely dependent on the accuracy of the information provided
2) Please try creating the incident from the system itself if possible.
KBA , csg_q , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To