You are using Data Workbench to import an object which has date and time fields (Visits, Tickets etc.), but the imported records are displaying different time and/or date from what was maintained in the Data Workbench template.
SAP Cloud for Customer
This behavior occurs because the time zone considered by the Data Workbench (as well as the system's backend) is UTC-0. So, let's take for example a visit record:
- Your country/region is in UTC-3.
- The visit's start time in your time zone was 15:00.
- You input the time as 15:00 in the Data Workbench template.
- Since the Data Workbench handles time in UTC-0, it will import this time as 15:00 (UTC-0).
- In the UI, as time zone personalization settings will be displaying time in UTC-3, this time will be displayed as 12:00 (UTC-3).
This behavior can even change the date of a record if, for example, you are importing a visit with end time as 20:00 on January 10th and you are in a UTC+5 time zone — as Data Workbench will interpret the time in UTC-0, calculations will lead to this time being displayed as 01:00 (UTC+5) on January 11th.
The start date/time and end date/time fields should be imported with their values in UTC-0, then the data will be shown in accordance to each business user's defined time zone personalization. The same is true for all fields of type date/time in Data Workbench.
Please note that, as the Data Workbench runs on an OData framework, the behavior is the same for records created directly through OData calls.
Time Incorrect, Data Workbench, Date, Time, Visits, OData, UTC , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To