You are unable to merge two customers. Status: Merge Completed - Realignment Failed.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Cleansing work center
- Go to Customer Merge view
- Open Merge ID: XXX (where XXX represents the merge ID)
- Note: Status: Merge Completed - Realignment Failed
- Go to Result Log
- Open the Application Log that has an error
- Click on Result
- Realignment failed for YYY (where YYY is the product)
A possible cause could be that an obsolete account is involved in already closed documents. Already closed documents where account cannot be changed are not handled during the merge process. It can lead to inconsistencies in the system.
This is the expected system behavior. We do not intend to change this behavior in any future release.
customer merge, data cleansing work center, customer merge view, megre completed, realignment failed, , KBA , LOD-LE-BP-MRG , Business Partner Merge , How To