- In the Employee Profile the wrong local time is displayed
- An incorrect code is being use for Time Zones within the UDF file
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Identify who this is affecting (number of users) by pulling the UDF (User Directory File).
- Identify the time zone specified in the time zone column:
- Compare this with the available time zones supported within the SF application:
- Please see KB Article 2443069 - How to Check Available Time Zones - SuccessFactors
- From the csv file, notice not just supported time zones, but also the correct codes to be added to the UDF for time zones.
- In this particular scenario, the user had entered "China" in the time zone column of the UDF.
- Upon investigation of the Time Zone csv, notice the correct code for China time zone is "CTT" and not "China".
- Advised the user to change this value in the UDF to resolve this issue.
- What may also help during early stages of troubleshooting, is to identify the actual time of the server.
- This can be checked in provisioning when creating a new scheduled job:
- As mentioned above, this is one scenario of time zone inconsistencies.
- Depending upon the instance's configuration, there are other possible causes of this issue, if the user's UDF configuration does not provide the root cause.
- For users with Employee Central (EC), the Manage Users feature is not available, as the time zone data is maintained in Employee Central > Job Information and synchronized to Employee Profile.
- KB Article 2443069 - How to Check Available Time Zones - SuccessFactors
- KB article 2089394 - How to change a user's Time Zone - Platform
- KB article 2079939 - Public profile displays the employees local time incorrectly
- KB article 2090302 - Where is the Time Zone in Employee Central EC? How do you add it?
- KB article 2080587 - How to ensure the correct Time Zone is synchronized to Public Profile
SF success factors EP EC PLT timezone , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-V12 , Employee profile V12 , How To