While trying to activate a realignment run following error message is displayed: “New territory is not specified. Realignment run cannot be activated.”
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Select the Realignment Run view.
- Select the relevant realignment run.
- Click the Actions button.
- Choose the Set to Active option.
- Following error message is displayed “New territory is not specified. Realignment run cannot be activated.”
- No account is included in the realignment run or accounts do not qualify for it as per the territory rules maintained.
A simulation of the run leads to "no change at all" and thus if you click on the run ID you will see the list of included Accounts is empty.
Your system is a single-terrritory system (== at most one territory per account).
The simulation result of the run is that all the accounts which are part of the given filter do already have their target territory.
This means: The simulation result is an empty list - the run has nothing to do and this is why you cannot activate it.
We are aware that the error msg. you get is not really precise and will improve it in a future release to something along the lines of:
"Simulation is empty. No new territory for any account. Activation useless".
Please note that it is not possible for our Support Team to provide you additional information regarding the planned date of the change to the error message.
This is the expected system behaviour.
Added info: If your system is a single-territory system you cannot use the column "Sales Office" in your territory-rules.
(You might still have this if at any point you switched from multi to single-territory in the past).
We highly recommend to remove the column "Sales Office" from your rules to avoid confusion.
Territory, Realignment Run, Account, Error Message , KBA , LOD-CRM-TM , Territory Management , How To