- PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL appears in basic user import file, although I don't see it listed in the standard element in Manage Business Config
- We've noticed a new column in the basic user import file PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL. What's it for?
- Can we remove PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL from the export file?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Profile
- Employee Central 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
You can see this on employee export:
- Login as an Admin;
- Go to Employee Export;
- Export the User data File;
- When open you will find column for field PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL;
You can see this on the employee import:
- Login as an Admin;
- Go to Import User Data; (employee import)
- Download the Import template;
- On the file, you will find a column for the field PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL;
In order to provide a possibility to pass over a GUID from outside (e.g if the source system already supports the concept of a global, unique identifier) we have to expose PERSON_GUID and PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL as new parameters in basic user import.
Reasoning behind this:
Often customers will create users in the system, and have the system create these users with an automatically generated user system ID. Later they reaslise that they need to maintain a Global User ID for that user as part of a 3rd party integration.
For EC customers, they can use the Person Id External value in the Person Info Element, but for non-EC customers, this was not possible. Now with the Person Id External value being maintained in the Basic User Import file, you can add a backend Person Id External value to a user account which can help identify users as part of a 3rd party integration.
The Field is a DB field, and is not exposed in the User Profile Page in the Front End.
How to update this field:
- For Non-EC customers, this value should only be imported using the basic user import;
- For EC Customers, integrations should be set up to target the Person_ID_EXTERNAL field in the Biographical Information (personInfo) portlet/element.
Is it possible to remove PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL field from User Data File (UDF):
- No, we are not able to remove the PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL from the user data file as it does not follow the same logic than other fields to be included via DataModel.
basic user file, basic user file import template, person-id-external, person id external, Person_Id_external, UDF, User Directory File , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , Problem