- A table was modified to change a CHAR datatype column to a VARCHAR datatype
- Existing stored procedures that selected the column had trailing spaces in the output for the modified column
- New stored procedures do not have the trailing spaces
- The existing procedures also stop showing trailing spaces after being dropped and recreated
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
sybase, query tree, drop, alter table, modify, datatype, trailing spaces , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.